We are excited about our Skyfire 1.1 version. This release focuses on performance improvements for both platforms and specific improvements related to Symbian scrolling and zooming. In addition, we’ve improved the reconnect experience and mobile website browsing. We encourage you to upgrade today by going to http://get.skyfire.com with your device or follow the upgrade notification on your existing Skyfire installation.
- 22.214.171.12452 Windows Mobile touch and non-touch
What’s new in 1.1?
- Improved page load times. For sites that take a long time to load, we updated our algorithm to bring you the content much quicker.
- Improved reconnect. Skyfire will show clearly when you can start interacting with the web page in case it previously timed out and disconnected (to save battery life).
- WML support. If you are browsing to mobile sites that use the old mobile WML markup, you can now view the content.
- Improved mobile website support. Mobile.* websites are now rendered automatically as mobile with the exception of mobile.yahoo.com since it is a PC site.
- Page up/down navigation via short-key: You can use now ‘2’ and ‘8’ to easily navigate one page up or down. Great for reading articles. Now the short-key for invoking the Superbar is ‘*’. Please note that on some devices with a non-standard keyboard layout, short-keys may behave differently since this is phone specific.
- Updated Plug-ins: For Flash, Silverlight and QuickTime we have the newest versions to give you more compatibility with more sites.
Fixes in this release
- Skyfire quits on startup on Windows Mobile 6.5 devices: It affected a limited number of 6.0 and 6.1 devices as well. (Fixed Issue 7369)
Known issues in this release
- Short-keys inconsistent on non-standard keyboard. On some keyboard layouts (half-qwerty, dual keyboards), the short-keys do not work as expected. (Issue 7498, 7408, 7581)